Homewood Mountain Resort
We have put together a list of everything you need to know about Homewood Mountain Resort.
Table of Contents
Homewood Mountain Resort Overview
Homewood Mountain Resort is located on the west shore of Lake Tahoe in California, USA. It is known for its breathtaking views of the lake, uncrowded slopes, and excellent beginner and intermediate terrain, making it one of Lake Tahoe’s family-friendly ski resorts.
- Beginner runs: 15%
- Intermediate runs: 40%
- Advanced runs: 30%
- Expert runs: 15%
- Total ski runs: 67
- Terrain Parks: 5
- Summit elevation: 7880 feet
- Skiable area: 1260 acre
- Average Snowfall: 450 inch
Homewood Mountain Resort Trail Map
Homewood Mountain Resort Lift Tickets
Below are highlights the differences between Homewood Mountain Resort’s lift ticket types.
Day Lift Ticket
Homewood single day lift tickets are available for purchase online and in-resort. It is recommended to purchase the tickets in advance as the price is dynamic and depends on the conditions and day of the week. Homewood also offers a Lift Ticket 3-Pack. which gives more flexibility with 3-day access to Homewood throughout the ski season. The lift tickets are non-refundable or transferable. Pricing is available during the ski season around November to December.
Homewood Mountain Resort offers only one season pass: Homewood Ultimate Season Pass. This pass gives you unlimited access to Homewood throughout the ski season without blackout dates.
- Additional Benefits: Free lift tickets to partner resorts with some restrictions and discounts in-resort.
- Available for Purchase: It is available for purchase pre-ski season in limited quantities.
Homewood Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Homewood Mountain Resort offers group and private lessons. Below is a brief description of the lessons.
- Adult Group Lessons: This lesson is for beginners to intermediate skiers or snowboarders. The first-timer lessons are AM only, while beginner/intermediate lessons are PM only. The lesson pricing includes one-day rentals and either a beginner or all-day lift ticket.
- Children Group Lessons: This is a full-day lesson from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Children are grouped by their ages and ability levels. The lesson price includes one-day rentals, lunch, and an all-day lift ticket.
- Private Lessons: This full-day lesson is for any ability level, with up to 5 family members or friends. You have the ability to structure the time. The lesson price does not include lift tickets or rentals.
Nearest Town to Homewood Mountain Resort
Homewood Mountain Resort is located in the town of Homewood, which is roughly 54 miles drive from Reno-Tahoe International Airport. There are only a few lodgings and dining options in this town so skiers often opt to stay at Tahoe City instead, just 5 miles north of Homewood. Both Homewood and Tahoe City are within a short drive from other Lake Tahoe ski resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Alpine Meadows, Granlibakken, and Northstar California.
On Mountain Dining
Homewood Mountain Resort has one on-mountain dining option and some restaurants at the base of the mountain.
Big Blue View Bar
Located at the top of the Madden chairlift, this eatery offers BBQ lunches, snacks and drinks but also a stunning panoramic view of Lake Tahoe.
Opening hours (subject to change): 12 pm-3 pm (Mon-Sun)
West Shore Cafe
Directly across the street from Homewood, the West Shore Cafe offers lakefront, upscale dining with locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients.
Opening hours (subject to change): 11:30 am-9:00 pm (Mon-Sun)
89 Bar & Grill
At the base of the mountain, this bar and grill restaurant serves sandwiches, rice bowls, salads and more.
Opening hours (subject to change): TBA (winter only)
Homewood Mountain Resort Contact Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there ski packages to Homewood Mountain Resort?
When is the best time to go skiing in Homewood Mountain Resort?
January to February is usually when snow is abundant at Homewood Mountain Resort. However, take note to avoid New Year’s and Martin Luther King weekend when the resort will be a lot more crowded. Homewood also has snowmaking machines across 126 skiable acres so skiing early season in December or late March is possible and will give you an uncrowded experience.