Build your Heavenly Mountain Resort Ski Trip
Heavenly Mountain Resort Packages
Lodging, lift tickets, rentals, lessons and transfers.
Learn more about Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Fun party atmosphere at base
- Spectacular views of Lake Tahoe and the desert
- Tons of lodging options keep prices competitive
- Crowds can be a problem here
Heavenly Mountain Resort Ski Packages
Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
View all ski packages for Heavenly Mountain Resort
One of the best ski resorts in Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is not only known for it's skiing but also it's partying. Split across the California and Nevada state line, the resort is 5th largest in North America and has the longest vertical drop in California. The tree-skiing is phenomenal as is the nightlife, entertainment as well as the gambling at the casinos sitting at the base.
Reno-Tahoe International Airport
Heavenly Mountain Resort (1 hour 10 minutes)
Stateline (1-2 mi)
- Has Casino's near Gondola or private homes a short drive away
- Has the cheapest accommodation
- Close to various restaurants, shops and activities
South Lake Tahoe (1-3 mi)
- Wide range of affordable and luxury lodging
- Close to Heavenly Village
- Close to various restaurants, stores and activities
California Base area (Walk)
- A range of condos and private homes
- Expensive lodging but better for large groups
- Far from dining, shopping and activities
Stagecoach Base Area (Walk)
- Has a lot of condos and timeshares that are almost ski-in/ski-out
- Far from restaurants, shopping and activities
- Range of accommodation including Airbnb's
There is limited beginner terrain at Heavenly with only a few mellow trails and practicing areas around. Our pick for new skiers and snowboarders is around Boulder Lodge where you can easily hop on the Boulder lift and wind down Boulder Bowl. It's a nice wide green trail that's great for practicing turns!
Heavenly is a heaven for intermediates with blue trails at almost every lift! For a fun winding run with an amazing view of Lake Tahoe, check out our favorite, Liz's, which starts at 9,846 ft! Big Dipper and Skyline are sure to impress as well.
Heavenly is a place to be for advanced skiers and snowboarders! Ellie's is the best black-diamond groomer! North Bowl is even better when it is groomed too but no advanced skier and snowboarder would want to miss out on double black-diamond runs, Killebrew Canyon and Mott Canyon!
Freshies are everywhere after a storm (especially between the trees!) and with so much terrain to explore at Heavenly, you're bound to ski some untouched powder!
Ditch the crowds
Sky Express and Dipper Express are the busiest chairlifts since they serve some of the best terrain on the mountain. Opt for other chairlifts if you aren't a fan of queues.
Non-skiers can try out snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing here at Heavenly.
Tamarack Express is the most popular chairlift for families to be around with the Tubing Hill close-by at the base of the chairlift.
|Heavenly Mountain Resort||Northstar California|
|beginner||20 %||16 %|
|intermediate||45 %||47 %|
|advanced||30 %||37 %|
|child lift ticket||$80||$90|
|adult lift ticket||$146||$152|
|value for money|
|average total snowfall||256″||281″|