Sugar Bowl Resort
We have put together a list of everything you need to know about Sugar Bowl Resort.
Table of Contents
Sugar Bowl Resort Overview
Sugar Bowl Resort is a popular ski resort located in Norden, California, it is one of the most convenient resorts to get to if you are driving from the San Jose, San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento. The connectivity between Sugar Bowl Village and the Royal Gorge Cross Country ski area makes it a popular choice among those seeking Nordic skiing and downhill skiing.
- Beginner runs: 17%
- Intermediate runs: 45%
- Advanced runs: 26%
- Expert runs: 12%
- Total ski runs: 103
- Terrain Parks: 3
- Summit elevation: 8,383 feet
- Skiable area: 1,650 acres
- Average Snowfall: 500 inches
Sugar Bowl Resort Trail Map
Sugar Bowl Resort Lift Tickets
Sugar Bowl Resort has several lift pass options including day lift tickets and Season Passes. Below is a breakdown of the lift passes and the key differences between the passes.
Day Lift Ticket
The day lift ticket can be purchased at the ticket office and online. Lift tickets are limited daily and is recommended to purchase early. Trip Flex can be an add-on to make lift tickets refundable if you have a change in plan.
- Mountain Access: This ticket will give you lift access to Sugar Bowl Resort.
- Days Valid at Sugar Bowl Resort: Valid for a single day, on the date you choose to visit.
- Ideal for: Unplanned ski vacation or a last-minute day trip to Sugar Bowl Resort.
Sugar Bowl Season Pass
There are several types of season passes, here is the main difference between the passes.
- Unrestricted: This Unrestricted Season Pass entitles you to ski unlimited at Sugar Bowl Resort throughout the season with no blackout date restrictions.
- Slightly Restricted: The Slightly Restricted Season Pass gives you unlimited access to Sugar Bowl Resort except for holiday dates.
- Midweek: The Midweek Season Pass offers unlimited access Monday through Friday during the season except for blackout dates.
- Royal Gorge Season Pass: The Royal Gorge Pass offers unlimited skiing for the winter season at Royal Gorge, North America’s largest cross-country ski area.
For more season ticket information and benefit, please visit Sugar Bowl Resort Passholder Benefits.
Sugar Bowl Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Sugar Bowl Ski and Snowboard School offer group and private lessons for all ability levels.
- Group Lesson: This is a half-day lesson catered for a specific ability level for ages 4 and above. The lesson can be purchased alone or as a package with a lift ticket or lift ticket and rental. The First Timer Group Lesson package is also available for ages 13+. Packages include a 2-hour lesson, a limited all-day lift ticket (White Pine and the Flume lift only) and all-day equipment rentals. Online reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance otherwise please call (530) 426-9000, option 3 to inquire about availability.
- Private Lesson: This is a customized 1-hour, 3-hour or 6-hour lesson for ages 4 and above. Online reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance otherwise please call (530) 426-9000, option 3 to inquire about availability.
Nearest Town to Sugar Bowl Resort
The nearest town to Sugar Bowl Resort is Truckee, California, which is just about 18 miles away. Skiers often stay in Truckee during the winter because it offers a variety of accommodations, from luxury resorts to quaint B&Bs, along with restaurants, and shopping options. Truckee also provides easy access to other notable ski resorts in the region. Within a short drive, visitors can reach Northstar California, Palisades Tahoe (Squaw Valley), and Boreal Mountain Resort, among others. This makes Truckee a great base for those wishing to explore different ski terrains in the Lake Tahoe region.
On Mountain Dining
Sugar Bowl Resort has several highly-rated on-mountain dining options.
Located at the Village Lodge. The restaurant is known for its upscale menu and exceptional service, including Scottish seared salmon, elk tenderloin and vegetarian penne pasta.
Opening hours (subject to change): 5 pm-9 pm (Mon - Fri), 7:30 am-2 pm, 5 pm-9 pm (Sat-Sun)
Sugar Bowl Resort Contact Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there ski packages to Sugar Bowl Resort?
When is the best time to go skiing in Sugar Bowl Resort?
February-March has typically seen great snow conditions at Sugar Bowl Resort. However, as the resort is close to San Francisco, it's best to travel during the week as well as avoid holiday periods including President's Day weekend.
How much does it cost to rent ski equipment at Sugar Bowl Resort?
For the most basic ski/snowboard package, the cost starts from $65 per day for adults (online) and $48 per day for juniors 12 and under. Helmets can be rented for an additional $20 per day. Please note these prices are subject to change. Please visit Sugar Bowl Resort Rental for more information.
How far is Sugar Bowl Resort from the airport?
The closest airport to Sugar Bowl Resort is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, which is located 53.1 miles away. Other nearby airports include San Francisco International Airport, which is 189 miles away.