We have put together a list of everything you need to know about Echo Mountain.
Table of Content
Echo Mountain Overview
Echo Mountain Ski Resort is a small ski area located in Idaho Springs, Colorado. It is known for its night skiing, friendly atmosphere, and close proximity to Denver with just under an hour's drive.
- Beginner runs: 50%
- Intermediate runs: 42%
- Advanced runs: 8%
- Expert runs: 0
- Total ski runs: 7
- Terrain Parks: 2
- Summit elevation: 10650 feet
- Skiable area: 226 acre
- Average Snowfall: 275 inches
Echo Mountain Trail Map
Echo Mountain Lift Tickets
Echo Mountain offers full-day lift tickets, night lift tickets and season passes at an affordable price. Purchasing the tickets online in advance is highly recommended as the resort limits the sale of lift tickets to control crowd levels.
Full Day or Night Lift Ticket
Below is the difference between the Echo Mountain full-day and night lift tickets.
- Full-day tickets give you access to the lifts all day including night skiing hours (when open). The approximate cost is $79 per day for adults.
- Night lift ticket is only available on Wednesday to Saturday and gives you access from 4:30pm - 9:00pm to intermediate terrain only. The ticket roughly costs $35 per day for adults.
Children age 5 and under can receive a free lift ticket with a purchase of one adult full day or night lift ticket. Discounted lift tickets are given to the active military, veterans, college students, teachers, and seniors with a valid form of ID.
Echo Mountain offers Night Season Pass and Midweek Season Pass. Below are the differences between the passes.
- Night Season Pass: Unlimited access to Echo Mountain during night skiing operating hours only throughout the ski season, except on blackout dates.
- Midweek Season Pass: Unlimited access on Mondays to Thursdays at Echo Mountain throughout the ski season, except on blackout dates.
- Indy Pass: This pass gives you two days of access each at more than 100 Indy partner ski resorts throughout the season. If you have already purchased the Echo Mountain Season Pass, you can also buy an Indy Add-on pass to unlock the additional resort access either with or without blackout dates at a lower price.
- Colorado Ski Country GEMS Pass: This pass gives you two redemptions of a BOGO adult lift ticket or 30% off one adult ticket at each of the 10 participating resorts, including Echo Mountain. It costs only $42 (subject to change).
Nearest Town to Echo Mountain
Echo Mountain is located just 11 miles away from the town of Idaho Springs, Colorado. This town is surrounded by the Rocky Mountains and has thermal hot springs, charming local shops, and dining options, making it a relaxing ski town. Idaho Springs is also close to other Colorado ski resorts including Winter Park, Loveland Ski Area, and Arapahoe Basin.
On Mountain Dining
Echo Mountain only has 2 on-mountain dining options.
Located in the base lodge, this restaurant serves snacks, salads, sammies, burgers, and drinks.
Opening hours (subject to change): 10:00am - 6:00pm (Fri-Sun)
2 Mile Pie
This food truck serves pizzas.
Opening hours (subject to change): TBA
Echo Mountain Contact Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there ski packages to Echo Mountain?
What amenities are available at Echo Mountain?
Echo Mountain has the basic amenities including a base lodge, a rental shop, two dining options, and a parking lot.
How much does it cost to rent ski equipment at Echo Mountain?
The ski/snowboard package is $45 per day for adults and $35 for children. Helmets are included in the package. Prices are subject to change and rentals must be reserved online in advance. Please visit Echo Mountain Rentals for more information.