Deer Valley Resort
We have put together a list of everything you need to know about Deer Valley Resort.
Table of Content
Deer Valley Resort Overview
Deer Valley Resort is a premier ski resort located in Park City, Utah, renowned for its upscale amenities, meticulously groomed runs, and exceptional customer service. It is also a ski-only mountain.
- Beginner runs: 27%
- Intermediate runs: 41%
- Advanced runs: 27%
- Expert runs: 5%
- Total ski runs: 101
- Terrain Parks: 0
- Summit elevation: 9570 feet
- Skiable area: 2026 acre
- Average Snowfall: 300 inch
Deer Valley Resort Trail Map
Deer Valley Resort Lift Tickets
Deer Valley offers several different types of lift tickets. Below are the differences between the lift tickets.
Day Lift Ticket
Deer Valley day lift tickets are limited each day to ensure guests have a good experience. It is strongly recommended to purchase the tickets online in advance, especially during peak holiday dates.
- Full-day ticket: This ticket gives access to all lifts in Deer Valley. It is ideal for skiing 1-7 days at Deer Valley.
- Learning Area Tickets: This ticket gives access to the Snowflake, Silver Lake Express, Viking, Judge and all conveyor lifts only, which lead to the learning areas. It costs a flat rate of $65 per day for all ages.
- Half-Day Tickets (in-resort only): This ticket gives access to the lifts from 12:30 pm and it can be purchased at 12:15 pm on the day. If Deer Valley reaches capacity, it won’t be available for purchase.
Deer Valley Season passes can be purchased pre-ski season and have additional benefits, including dining and retail discounts, and first tracks. These passes are ideal for skiing for more than 11 days at Deer Valley. Below are the differences between the two available passes.
- Full Season Pass: This pass gives you unlimited access to Deer Valley throughout the ski season with no blackout dates. You do not need to make a reservation on your ski days. There is also an option to purchase a transferable season pass, which allows you to transfer your full season pass between family and friends, at a higher price.
- Midweek Season Pass: This pass gives you access from Monday to Friday at Deer Valley throughout the season with blackout dates. The price is the same for all ages.
You can access Deer Valley Resort on 2 types of Ikon Passes. Ikon passes are available for purchase pre-ski season until around the end of November and are ideal for people planning to ski at multiple resorts. The differences between the passes are highlighted below.
- Ikon Pass gives unlimited access to 15 resorts and up to 7 days each at 40 ski resorts with no blackout dates throughout the ski season. You can access Deer Valley Resort for a total of 7 days.
- Ikon Base Plus Pass gives unlimited access to 14 ski resorts and up to 5 days each at 41 destinations with some blackout dates. You can access Deer Valley Resort for a total of 5 days except on blackout dates.
For both Ikon Passes, a lift reservation is required on the days you plan to ski at Deer Valley as they have capacity limits to manage crowd levels.
Nearest Town to Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort is located just less than an hour drive from Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake City is known as the gateway to world-class ski resorts with the “Greatest Snow on Earth”, including Snowbird, Brighton, Alta, and Park City. Although Deer Valley’s ski village has plenty of ski-in-ski-out and walk-to-lift lodgings, some skiers still opt to stay in the city for more affordable accommodation, dining, and shopping options.
On Mountain Dining
Deer Valley Resort has several highly-rated on-mountain dining options.
Burgers & Bourbon
Located inside Montage Deer Valley at the base of Empire Express, serves classic burgers, fries, shakes, spirits, and more.
Opening hours (subject to change): 3 am-10 pm (Mon-Sun)
This fine dining European restaurant is located at the base of Empire Express and Ruby Express. They serve four courses, including raclette cheese, and also have a full bar.
Opening hours (subject to change): 5:30 pm-9 pm (Wed-Sun)
Located at the top of Ruby Express, Northside Express, and Silver Strike Express, this cabin serves snacks and beverages including hot chocolate and beer.
Opening hours (subject to change): 11 am-3 pm (Mon-Sun)
Deer Valley Resort Contact Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there ski packages to Deer Valley Resort?
When is the best time to go skiing in Deer Valley Resort?
February to early March are the best times to visit Deer Valley as the early season doesn’t see much snow. The same goes for any time after mid-March when the weather gets warmer and crowds flock in for spring break. However, it's best to avoid President's Day weekend to skip the crowds.
What winter activities are available at Deer Valley?
At Deer Valley, you can do snowmobiling and snowshoeing. You can also test the latest Rossignol products at Rossignol High Performance Test Center.